Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Network Configuration and Public Management


So basically,  I'm currently stuck in limbo into relating both subjects:


VLAN Network Switch Routing

VS.


Scoial Development esp. in alleviating the Poor



For the past few weeks, ever since my graduate studies has commenced, I've been struggling to juggle my work and my study load. As seen from the photos above, both just doesn't seem to relate with each other in any possible and reasonable way. Having to find myself somewhere in the middle has been a constant challenge. 

Way back in college, I never had to deal with juggling my studies and any extra curricular activities. In the first place, I never had any of the latter. Or maybe if there was, it was more of for social purposes. Right after I had made sure that my assignments/projects/exercises has been covered, I would then go out with my friends and do most of, if not all, the mundane things an average teenager would do. Grades don't matter as much as long as I reach the passing mark. Management Accounting, my undergrad course, was not my favorite choice but it was the most practical that I can stick with back in the younger days. 

Before realization stuck on me, time passed by so fast that I have already received my college diploma. Of course I didn't want to force myself into pursuing a career path in the ever-competing world of finance dealing mostly in the works of documenting costs and expenses (which are not even mine!). It would just make me unhappier than I already was. Why would a practical course make me unhappy? I thought would secure me a job which I need for daily survival. Just for mere survival. I only then realized that mere survival is not living life in it's most practical sense. Before I wanted to "participate" in the real world, I realized just months before graduation that I wanted to do something which would make people, especially the less privilege ones, believe that there exists goodness in everyone's heart (hopefully) through me.

For almost a year right after graduation, I strongly believe it was a divine intervention that I got involved in a Catholic community, of which my dad has been the instrument of. So to speak, I worked full time in the vineyard of the Lord rather than of the world. That was a radical point of my life where I found my happiness and contentment in being able to bring joy and hope to those who have been at the worst of their lives. 

They say that one can never relate unless they empathize. I must say that simply recognizing our own mistakes and deciding to become a better person and learn from such mistakes will lead us to grow into better individuals. There's always a room for change and one should never underestimate the power of willingness to be renewed. Most often than not, determination has an important role to play.

Young as I am, happiness I may have found in the full service of the Lord despite all kinds of challenges such state of life has brought, I didn't feel it was yet the right time for me to totally abandon the people I am responsible to take care of. Maybe just not yet. Through divine providence again, I applied in a BPO company which was recommended by a colleague. The work schedule I got which is in the morning shift, ranging from 3AM as the earliest up to 3PM as the latest depending on rotating shifts, also suited in my convenience because I can still have time in the afternoon to process documents whenever there is a need to.

Working in the BPO industry certainly has an entirely different challenge than in the finance world. Behind the glitz and limelight people would often stereotype call center agents, being a hard core Technical Support Representative requires thorough knowledge about IT development most especially in configuring critical network routing and the works. Each and everyday I report in the office, I always look forward to learning something new about technical troubleshooting as well as being able to provide assistance in getting the users connected. In the end, what makes me love my current job boils down to being able to assist different people while learning and taking the frustration of being helpless away from them.

In my future plans to work full time in the service of the less privilege ones, thus my pursuit for graduate studies of Public Management and Development. I believe this would equip me with the necessary knowledge and capacity before I thrust myself in the battlefield. I know it's actually easier said than done, but I heard from someone that if we don't make the first step, we're never going anywhere at all!

I just have to remind myself about this every time I get unmotivated. I HAVE TO! ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment