Friday, June 5, 2015

Parenting101. Moving on from the blues @Day15.

I always wanted to finish my masters degree, pursue a career in development work, travel inside and outside the country, explore more interests, meet more idealistic people and the list goes on. I sure do envision having a family of my own someday but I thought I could get away with the poop and the nappies and just leave the raising up of the kids to the household help just like what society thinks of what an empowered career woman does. 

Now that parenting happened to me, a mom of a 15 day old tiny human being, all of the above mentioned have changed! Note that I have literally NEVER touched a newborn my entire life. In the environment where I grew up, there were no newborns to touch with in the first place. I want to be hands on with everything that concerns about the baby even if I have the slightest idea of doing so. I want to free myself from the guilt of being selfish to prioritize other things but not my own little baby who depends on me. I can't even bring myself to think that a stranger will take my place and do the loving instead! No, I just can't leave him like that.

Everything changes once the baby arrives. Mainly, the priorities. Family comes first now. And when I see my two boys bonding, I know I am where the happiest I will be. The dreams I used to have are now carefully incorporated with the welfare of the baby and my kids to come. This is just the beginning. I am excited of what God's plan for me and my family is! šŸ’™



Below are the DIY Newborn Photos I took myself. I terribly wanted to have that newborn portraiture session for my baby. I guess we can't have all that we want and just have to improvise if we badly need the one that we want.







No comments:

Post a Comment