Sunday, July 12, 2015

Little One's Baptism and a Series of Abundance

As this big day for my little one comes to an end, I can't help but reflect. After abruptly deciding to have LO baptized just three days before the event, it has never been in the picture to celebrate this day with quite a number of guests because of financial constraints. The gathering should've been just us, the parents, and the godparents without any other mundane cutesy preparation after LO receives his sacrament of baptism. 

I had too many anxiousness going on in my mind: people we weren't able to invite, decorations/props to make the place livelier, cake/giveaways to compliment LO's celebration, food which might not be enough and even my hair which made me look xx years older. (Ugh!) All these above were just mere doings (and worries) of a man though. I should have known that I already had everything I need in the form of my hubby, parents, presence of the godparents and my LO who is going to be part of the Christian world!

As a result of a series of brain storming with dad and hubby, relatives from afar and who we haven't been in contact with for years have come, neighbors who were informed just a day before gave time to attend and even brought gifts as token for the new little Christian, friends gave their all out support physically, spiritually, emotionally and even financially. This day became one of those I will never ever forget!

It made me reaffirm that we only have to do our best in good faith and trust the Lord to smooth out what we have prepared for because He has better plans than the desires of our hearts. No matter how much time we give in carefully planning the details of our lives, the Lord will make a way to have His will done. Else, our plan will always fail. The goodness and generosity of a man's heart should not also be judged because beyond his flaws are pockets of goodness waiting to be sprinkled to others. We just have to serve as instruments for them to do good in their own way as the Lord may be pleased. 

Indeed, God is GREAAAAAAT!





And to those with generous hearts, I hope you already know this. There's no need to shout out your names. I have already whispered a prayer of gratitude to the Big Guy to let Him know that you've been a blessing to someone. Again, from the bottom of a mother's heart, Thank You! 💜


No comments:

Post a Comment